i18n for bootscripts

Guillaume LELARGE guillaume at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 21 14:33:30 PST 2004

Hi,

Le Mercredi 21 Janvier 2004 20:02, Bill's LFS Login a écrit :
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Christoph Berg wrote:
> > I would like to contribute a hint if that is what the mainstream would
> > like to have. But I still have to research more for this
> >
> > My first thought was, that we could include finished langauges in the
> > lfs-bootscripts package by default. We get more and more translations of
> > the whole book in other languages, so I thought that it would be very
> > nice, to have the bootscripts in different languages.
>
> Fortunately, there are translation projects for several languages. I
> don't know what they have done regarding bootscripts. If they have not
> done much, a hint that they could use would certainly be a very valuable
> tool for them.

Doing the french translation, I can answer this. Only comments are translated
in french. I didn't feel the need to translate bootscripts' messages in
french but this is something we should consider.

> You might want to check the LFS website for some of those translation
> projects and find out if they have done anything with the bootscripts
> using i18n tools. They may also provide valuable help and testing for
> your hint effort.

I'll be glad to help anyone who's working on this (and other translation
stuff).

--
Guillaume (guillaume at linuxfromscratch.org).
<!-- http://traduc.lfs.tuxfamily.org/ -->