'su lfs' dropping into the background

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed Jan 21 14:42:08 PST 2004

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 11:17:04AM -0600, James Robertson wrote:
> OK, that looks fine.  What about the other piece of this thread about
> stuff in /etc/skel coming over on the useradd command?  I like
> Anderson's solution.  Works on my box.

So far, nobody has proven that having gunk come across from /etc/skel is a
problem. Therefore there is nothing to solve. The current method of us
creating our own .bash_profile and .bashrc takes care of everything, even if
there are other .profile or shell related .rc files in /etc/skel. But having
said that, using the -k switch certainly will not hurt so we may as well put
it in.