plans and wishes

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Wed Jan 21 15:28:52 PST 2004

> I repeat, then: we should not force the user to create a *temporary
> mount point* outside of /mnt. It goes against FHS, and we can (and
> should) avoid that.

True,

> Okay, get rid of $LFS (It doesn't make too much difference *to me*)

makes absolutely no difference to me either, I'll continue to build
how I've always continued to build, but hey, technical folk generally
roll their own build anyway loosely based on the book (apart from
testing I don't think I've ever used a true LFS) but I can see some
merits for n00by-n00bs on defining a hard-coding the mountpoint under
/mnt...

[R]