When the next glibc tarball is made...

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 21 18:44:25 PST 2004

Greg Schafer wrote:

> That's exactly what was done, by me, as per the instructions I posted.
> Maybe you downloaded a tarball that wasn't the "blessed" one?

Hmm... maybe I assumed too much. I saw the ALFS profile get updated to
match the book, and it has --without-cvs added to the build instructions
(which matches the book, but now I see that the book update also says
this is really not necessary). I haven't seen the "annoying but harmless
warning" created when --without-cvs is not included, but then the glibc
build generates such an enormous amount of output it would be easy to
miss it.

Sorry for jumping the gun here :-)