i18n for bootscripts

Christoph Berg Christoph.Berg at kpm-sport.de
Thu Jan 22 01:23:51 PST 2004

Hello,

> For the official package, a set of .po files (or other method) that translate
> the boot messages to different languages depending of the LANG variable may be
> cool. If the framework is done, surelly many folks will send the needed lines
> to see the messages in their own language.

Yep, the .po files are a good thing, but we have a problem where to
place them. Normally they are placed in /usr/include/locales or
something like that, but the problem is, if the user has the /usr dir
not on the root partition, because there are messages before "Mounting
all remaining file systems".

Fine regards,
   Christoph Berg