i18n for bootscripts

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 22 16:43:33 PST 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 20:06, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Anderson Lizardo wrote:
>
> >cp -a rc.d.LANG /etc/rc.d
> >cp -a sysconfig /etc
> >

> If so, rc.d.LANG and rc.d->rc.d.LANG symlink would be more flexible.

Yep, but does your suggestion also imply copying _all_ localizated rc.d.LANG
directories to /etc?

If yes, I think most people will not like to have a bunch of
rc.d.{de,pt_BR,zh,...} directories on /etc, if they'll use only one (or some)
of them.

If no, I agree with you. This way, anyone can easily indentify the installed
language of the bootscripts by just doing a "ls -l /etc/rc.d", or easily
switch to another language if necessary.

--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/