A /usr partition and mountfs script issue

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Fri Jan 23 20:33:29 PST 2004

Okay, I finally got around to totally blowing away my devel drive and
reinstalling the entirety of LFS 5.0... The problem I'm seeing is that
the syslogd daemon is being started (or attempting to) before any other
(particularly /usr which brings /usr/sbin/syslogd with it) filesystems
are mounted.  (loadkeys breaks from this as well)

Was there a reason for this that I'm unaware of?  I don't know of
anything useful that syslogd can actually *log* if disks aren't being
mounted properly, so I'm confused as to why this is being done.

--
The email address above is phony because the people making archives of list
traffic publicly available on the web aren't taking measures to protect the
              AIM: evilDagmar  Jabber: evilDagmar at jabber.org