Announcing the IANA /etc Files Package

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 24 10:14:55 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 22:11, Greg Schafer wrote:
> split it out of lfs-utils and treat it the same as any other package (as
> tiny as it is).

Let's go for it. In the grand scheme of things it's not that big a deal
if you have to download one more package. It's at least a small package
and doesn't take an hour to compile.

That leaves us with the http-get and iana-get scripts. Keep them or no?

I'm ok with going with Seth's IANA package and it would be replaced with
lfs-utils then. If iana-get is to be kept, Seth could integrate it in
his package if he deems it appropriate. http-get I could live without
personally.