MAKEDEV-1.7 and hdx >hdg

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Sat Jan 24 18:11:34 PST 2004

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 11:09:44AM +1100, Greg Schafer wrote:

> Mark H. is listed as the current MAKEDEV maintainer. His participation in
> LFS/BLFS is now minimal. I wonder if he still wants to be the maintainer of
> this package or if he'd like someone else to pick it up. I've cc'd him to
> find out.

There is still the script Matthias Benkmann wrote. It's in Bugzilla. It
provides us with the best of both worlds. A scriptable dev creator with
the learning value of giving the mknod commands.

--
Archaic

Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has
never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable are
arbitrary, cruel, grasping and unintelligent.

- H. L. Mencken