Glibc Patch

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sun Jan 25 13:28:12 PST 2004

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 09:04:31AM -0500, Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> Ron wrote:
> >so its a 2.6 bug? wasnt really sure what it was. sorry.
>
> It's triggered by the "sysinfo DSO" that was put into the kernel during
> 2.5 development sometime.  I *think* it's a CVS-glibc-running-under-
> kernel-2.6 bug.

It's now a glibc-2.3.3-running-under-kernel-2.6 bug. :-)

The issue is minor and upstream are aware of it. It's been a while tho':

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-10/msg00012.html

Disabling an assertion to fix a minor issue like this would seem a tad
dangerous to me (unless of course the assertion is no longer needed). I'd
rather wait for the experts to deal with it and confirm.

The OP claimed the patch should be in the book. Seeing as it's 2.6 only, it
is quite clearly not for the book (currently).