RFC - Bugs 688 & 732

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 26 05:12:14 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 20:31, Greg Schafer wrote:
> Ch 5 is still done as non-root. In Ch 6, instead of saying "become root" in
> the "Entering the chroot environment" section we just say it one section
> earlier. No more red "failed" messages :-)

It's so simple I'm surprised nobody had thought of it before. I like it,
I don't forsee any problems with it.

Somebody will bring up the point of doing something outside of chroot in
chapter 6, so let's nip that in the butt: this will be the exception.
The pro (the host system's umount script being able to unmount $LFS)
outweighs the con (of doing something outside of chroot in chapter 6).