RFC - Bugs 688 & 732

Alex Groenewoud alex at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 26 13:38:19 PST 2004

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Can we add this to /home/lfs/.bash_logout ?
>
> Enter chroot, automatically provide a clean environment. Exit chroot and
> unmount the proc and devpts filesystems?

But there is another advantage to mounting proc and devpts outside of
chroot: package Util-linux won't be needed in chapter 5.

(The 'more' command isn't really needed: gcc's test summary is less than
a hundred lines long and fits easily in the memory of a virtual console.
And 'arch' can simply be faked as an "echo $(uname -m)".)

Alex