MAKEDEV-1.7 and hdx >hdg

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Mon Jan 26 16:01:38 PST 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 12:40:21PM +0100, Matthias Benkmann wrote:

> All the defaults? There's only one change of permissions regarding
> /dev/tty and not creating /dev/cua* by default. The latter change is
> because these devices are not generally used. I don't remember the reason
> for the former, but I probably had one :-)

Nevermind. Long ago, I editted make_dev to make exactly what my hardware
requires and I was diffing that version to the new one. *blush* :)

Long live make_devices!

--
Archaic

The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by
the Prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the
government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be
enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in
this country is closely connected with this.

- Albert Einstein, "My First Impression of the U.S.A.", 1921