copying the header files from /tools/include

Alex Groenewoud alex at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 27 13:53:01 PST 2004

Instead of unpacking the linux tarball again, making the version file
and symlinks, and copying all the header files out, would it not be much
shorter to just copy them from /tools/include?, with:

cp -a /tools/include/{asm,asm-generic,linux} /usr/include

Ian once objected that those files might have become contaminated.  I'm
not sure what he meant.  Anyone see any objections?

Also, in my experience it's not necessary to touch the autoconf.h file
in chapter 5: once I misspelled its name and only Sysklogd complained
about its absence.  So touching this file could be done at the beginning
of chapter 6.

Alex