RFC - bootscript error reporting

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Tue Jan 27 22:07:46 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 19:42, Jeremy Utley wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 16:47, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 00:17, Jeremy Utley wrote:
> > > Anyone see any major flaws with doing this?
> >
> > I'd actually like to see this behavior to become configurable. The
> > default should be to halt on errors, for compatibility with previous
> > LFS.
>
> Configurable is a good thing, but personally, I feel the the default
> should be to NOT halt on errors, because of the obvious problems the
> halt causes.

Aside from that, it doesn't really make sense to stop the boot process
indefinitely unless there's something that the admin can _do_ about the
error right there and then.
--
The email address above is phony because the people making archives of list
traffic publicly available on the web aren't taking measures to protect the
              AIM: evilDagmar  Jabber: evilDagmar at jabber.org