plans and wishes

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 28 14:08:37 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 15:00, Alex Groenewoud wrote:
> > Chapters 5 are 6 are hardcoded in all of our brains. Please avoid changing
> > the meanings of these chapters at all costs :-)
>
> But we shouldn't have memorized those numbers, sorry.  As Jeroen said,
> we should look at what is best for the readers, not for the editors.

Maybe we should not do so. But for the upcoming LFS-5.1 release, we will
not make this change.

> > Yes, the bugzilla is open. Why haven't you entered your research results
> > there yet?
>
> Because I detest Bugzilla.

However, Bugzilla is what we use and I expect everybody to use. Editors
cannot get away with _not_ using it, how are we to coordinate efforts if
nobody knows what any other person is working on? If you detest Bugzilla
so much then I am open for replacement suggestions. Until a new system
is in place, we will keep using it.

Maybe OTRS is an option, we use it at work (Open Ticket Request System -
http://www.otrs.org). I will see if it is even viable as a bug tracking
system.