Roadmap update

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 28 16:41:12 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 17:36, zippo wrote:
> I think LFS needs to output more releases. The 5.0  book is already very out of date.
> The Updates, made aren't that complex. But with the book freeze and it's release, the book is already out of date. That is just a waste.

To get LFS-5.1 out, we will create a branch. Future updates will be
based on this branch and 5.2 can be out easier without it affecting main
development.

Also, a while back we discussed the frequency of releases and every 2 to
3 months seemed to be a good number which will allow enough time to
properly test it and make sure it's solid. It won't be bleeding edge,
ever. That is what CVS is for.