Testing team: Bug #714

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 28 18:53:53 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 21:14, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:

> Will check, but at the moment can only test from Mandrake 9.1 and
> a 2.6/NPTL build (on my laptop, both have gnome).
>
> I currently don't have a RH9 system available, but can get at one later
> tonight.
>
> Anyone got a RH9 box lying around want to save me the effort?

> any distro running gnome (we'll see if this is RH specific).

Running a LFS CVS from 20031114 with GNOME 2.4.1 and followed the steps
works fine with no errors. Maybe it's red hat specific or some config
file is goofed up.

Or if the OP is doing something strange like executing his script from
the profile functionality of GNOME Terminal where it can execute an
external script instead of a normal shell then maybe the results he is
getting are a result of that and not the instructions in the book. But
without further details it's hard to tell on this one.

But I have tried a little test this way and then created a new tab in
gnome terminal and then it pops up then dissappears as soon as the
script finishes.

--
Thomas
LFS User : 4729