Apparent bash-ism in bootscripts

Jeremy Utley jeremy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 29 00:36:18 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 14:57, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Nathan Coulson wrote:
>

> > P.S.  we're still organizing what we are doing, [have a few issues we wish
> > to fix (I think most of them are in bugzilla)].  I guess one of us should
> > make up a list.  [your bug sortof got fixed without notice, since in my
> > experimentation I switched everything to . instead of source].
> >

> Great.  I hadn't seen anything about this aspect of the bootscripts
> recently, so after a quick look at the stuff in init.d I assumed I'd be
> fine.  That just leaves the BLFS scripts (random, sshd, maybe others).

Thanks for the input, Ken!  We really appreciate it.  I'm going to open
a line of communication with the BLFS-Dev guys, check with them about
what process they would want to follow to have us submit bootscript
changes to them (patches to the book sent to LFS-Dev, or other methods).

To the rest of the community:  Now's your chance!  If you've ever wanted
to see some functionality included in the bootscripts, and feel its
something that would benefit the ENTIRE LFS community, I welcome you to
forward your feedback to Nathan and myself.  My email is
jeremy at linuxfromscratch.org, and Nathan's is now
nathan at linuxfromscratch.org.

-J-