Suggestion (was Re: Apparent bash-ism in bootscripts)

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Thu Jan 29 04:28:45 PST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Jeremy Utley wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 14:57, Ken Moffat wrote:
> > On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Nathan Coulson wrote:
> ><snip>

> Thanks for the input, Ken!  We really appreciate it.  I'm going to open
> a line of communication with the BLFS-Dev guys, check with them about
> what process they would want to follow to have us submit bootscript
> changes to them (patches to the book sent to LFS-Dev, or other methods).
>
> To the rest of the community:  Now's your chance!  If you've ever wanted
> to see some functionality included in the bootscripts, and feel its
> something that would benefit the ENTIRE LFS community, I welcome you to
> forward your feedback to Nathan and myself.  My email is
> jeremy at linuxfromscratch.org, and Nathan's is now
> nathan at linuxfromscratch.org.

Just wanted to make a suggestion about this last part. You may have
thought of it already.

When you post those various suggestions for comment on the lists, I
suggest making a separate topic for each unrelated suggestion. One of
the problems with lists is that a single thread can really wander
because of the way people's brains associate things and then they post
right in that thread.

My thought is a separate thread for each major area will aid both you
and the community in keeping focus on a particular topic in a thread and
lead to faster decisions with less cruft muddying the waters.

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational