plans and wishes

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 29 08:29:22 PST 2004

Anderson Lizardo wrote:

> On Wednesday 28 January 2004 18:43, Billy O'Connor wrote:
>
>>Bugzilla sucks.
>
> I don't understand why. Is its default theme? We can change that.
>
> See KDE's bug tracking system (http://bugs.kde.org/). It seems to run
> Bugzilla, and the interface/usability is pretty good.

I agree that BZ has issues.  We are also using the stable version with
the "out of the box" install.  I personally have not had the chance to
look at the development version to see what it offers.  I am also not
anywhere near an expert in Perl, which is what all the cgi is written
in.  Any modifications we make to the out of the box install have to be
worried about every time an upgrade occurs (essentially testing the
patch files to see if they go in without too much fuss).  I looks like
KDE is using the development 2.7 version and has customized it a bunch.
  I do like the new wizard.  It is cool.