Lists vs. Wiki (was Re: Roadmap update)

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 29 15:29:25 PST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:19:56 -0700

> On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 16:14, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> > required, hence bringing the discussion to a nice quick, neat close.
> >
> > Not sure whether it's worth adopting this as a general guideline,
> > but it's my "two bits" anyway!
>
> Sounds like a "kernel cousin" to me. Might have some good uses, if we
> can find people with time to do such a thing.

IMO it would be the initiator of the thread.  They're the ones that
asked for comments/suggestions on an idea, so they're the ones that
should be following the thread most closely.  If you take the recent
"bootscript RFC" thread it would have been the maintainers that would
monitor the thread and summarize it once they're satisfied with the
outcomes.  In that particular case I'd think the "summary" message would
simply say something like "See the bootscript dev plan at [url]".

Matt.