Lists vs. Wiki (was Re: Roadmap update)

Bill Maltby, LFS Organizational bill at nospam.dot
Thu Jan 29 15:43:07 PST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Matthew Burgess wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:19:56 -0700
> Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 16:14, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> > > required, hence bringing the discussion to a nice quick, neat close.
> > >
> > > Not sure whether it's worth adopting this as a general guideline,
> > > but it's my "two bits" anyway!
> >
> > Sounds like a "kernel cousin" to me. Might have some good uses, if we
> > can find people with time to do such a thing.
>
> IMO it would be the initiator of the thread.  They're the ones that
> asked for comments/suggestions on an idea, so they're the ones that
> should be following the thread most closely.  If you take the recent
> "bootscript RFC" thread it would have been the maintainers that would
> monitor the thread and summarize it once they're satisfied with the
> outcomes.  In that particular case I'd think the "summary" message would
> simply say something like "See the bootscript dev plan at [url]".

Sounds intriguing. Would we have some mechanism to make it easy to get
*just* those summaries (separating the wheat from the chaff, so to
speak). I had an initial thought, but it's been a long day at the KB and
I didn't feel like looking like a fool by suggesting what first came to
mind.  :P

--
Bill Maltby,
LFS Organizational