Don't forget the educational value of the book (was: Roadmap update)

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 29 19:24:58 PST 2004

On Thursday 29 January 2004 22:46, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> That is though why our past version freezes were not deemed a very bad
> thing perse IMO, just because it's not the main priority.

Yes, but try to make the next releases more trouble-free i.e. branch CVS when
it is ready to realase and continue development on HEAD (just as Richard
suggested on his last message). IMHO, that boring and annoying "method" of
having only HEAD and then "freezing" everything just to release a new version
is what make people which manage CVS-based projects (yeah, I'm talking with
you Gerard :)) wonder why releases are necessary. Releases _are_ necessary,
to make users and even editors know that, at that point, the book was optimal
for consumption.

And, of course, releases make us proud of ourselves when we reach, let's say,
LFS 10.0 :)

--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org