Don't forget the educational value of the book (was: Roadmap update)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 29 19:33:46 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 20:24, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> Yes, but try to make the next releases more trouble-free i.e. branch CVS when

Yep already on top of that one. Just had to wait for a few people to get
back to me on lfs-book so they all know a branch is coming and how to
deal with it. When we're all properly informed how to switch to a branch
and back to HEAD, I will create said branch and get lfs-5.1-pre1 out.
It's a matter of a day or two. I'm thinking the weekend as I"ll have the
most continuous stretch of free time then.

Old freezes as we used to have don't play a role anymore.

> you Gerard :)) wonder why releases are necessary. Releases _are_ necessary,
> to make users and even editors know that, at that point, the book was optimal
> for consumption.
>
> And, of course, releases make us proud of ourselves when we reach, let's say,
> LFS 10.0 :)

Absolutely on both accounts :)