MAKEDEV-1.7 and hdx >hdg

Matthias Benkmann msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Fri Jan 30 11:32:31 PST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:41:22 +0000 Mark Hymers
<markh at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> If someone else wants to take over maintainence of MAKEDEV, they're more
> than welcome.  To be honest, it's such a mess that some better solution
> is needed (I still wish devices.txt was parsable).  Roll on udev,
> that's what I say.

udev is in an unforeseeable future. What do you have against make_devices
(as you don't seem to regard it as a "better solution")?
It is the result of parsing devices.txt. That it can't be recreated with a
simple script doesn't matter. devices.txt doesn't change much.

MSB

--
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.