gettext-0.14

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 30 11:37:18 PST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:07:13 +0100
Allard Welter <allard at nospam.nl> wrote:

> On Thursday 29 January 2004 22:20, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> > On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:05:31 +0100
> >
> > Sezer Aygoeren <sez at Einstein.fs.physik.uni-essen.de> wrote:
> > > hi matthew,

> > > confirmed, no c#-stuff more on 0.14.1
> >
> > I've got 2 tests failing here though, which I'll investigate in due
> > course.
> >
> > ---
> > Couldn't set locale.
> > FAIL: format-c-5
> > ---
> >
> > /sources/gettext-0.14.1/gettext-tools/tests/.libs/lt-prog: error
> > while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared
> > object file: No such file or directory FAIL: lang-c++
> > ---
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Matt.
>
> FWIW, I'm busy compiling a system for an old laptop and thought I may
> as well use latest gettext-1.14.1. Got 225 passes, 16 skips and no
> failures - above tests were fine. (compiling for 486 on 686,
> linux-2.6.1, HJL's binutils and yesterday's glibc)

Thanks Allard.  I assume this was a by-the-book chapter 5 install?
 I was running my tests as root in an X environment which may have been
screwing things up (especially the "set locale" thing).  I'd love to
know where it thought it had to link to libstdc++.so.6 from, but that
won't affect the chapter 5 build as it shouldn't find a C++ compiler at
that point.  It'd be interesting if you could do a BLFS version of the
install within the chapter 6 environment to see what happens.

Thanks very much for your testing efforts.

Matt.