LFS-5.1-pre1 info

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 30 11:57:55 PST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:04:01 -0700

> Hi guys,
>
> Tomorrow (Saturday) I will start work on 5.1-pre1 which means branch,
> clean up the Changelog a little if necessary and what not and more
> likely than not actually get 5.1-pre1 released as well.
>
> Are there any objections?

Not an objection as such, just a question if I may.  Is a package freeze
going to be implemented once the branch is cut?  I would think this is a
sensible policy to enforce.  If so, am I alright upgrading packages
tonight?  So far we have the following to do:

dejagnu 1.4.3 - 1.4.4 (untested)
gettext 0.13.1 - 0.14.1 (tested OK recently by Allard Welter)
grub-0.93 - 0.9.4 (untested)
lfs-bootscripts 0.12 - 0.13
lfs-utils 0.4.2 - 0.4.3 (untested, we trust Zack right :) )
libtool 1.5 - 1.5.2
man-pages 1.64 - 1.65 (tested, not that it would ever fail!)

The good thing about these updates is that they're not affected by
any patches so it should be a trivial version number entity update.

Cheers,

Matt.