gettext-0.14

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Fri Jan 30 12:27:20 PST 2004

On Friday 30 January 2004 20:37, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:07:13 +0100
>
> Allard Welter <allard at nospam.nl> wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 January 2004 22:20, Matthew Burgess wrote:

> > > I've got 2 tests failing here though, which I'll investigate in due
> > > course.
> > >
> > > ---
> > > Couldn't set locale.
> > > FAIL: format-c-5
> > > ---
> > >
> > > /sources/gettext-0.14.1/gettext-tools/tests/.libs/lt-prog: error
> > > while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared
> > > object file: No such file or directory FAIL: lang-c++
> > > ---
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Matt.
> >
> > FWIW, I'm busy compiling a system for an old laptop and thought I may
> > as well use latest gettext-1.14.1. Got 225 passes, 16 skips and no
> > failures - above tests were fine. (compiling for 486 on 686,
> > linux-2.6.1, HJL's binutils and yesterday's glibc)
>
> Thanks Allard.  I assume this was a by-the-book chapter 5 install?
>  I was running my tests as root in an X environment which may have been
> screwing things up (especially the "set locale" thing).  I'd love to
> know where it thought it had to link to libstdc++.so.6 from, but that
> won't affect the chapter 5 build as it shouldn't find a C++ compiler at
> that point.  It'd be interesting if you could do a BLFS version of the
> install within the chapter 6 environment to see what happens.
>
> Thanks very much for your testing efforts.
>
> Matt.

Ah, I forgot to mention, this _was_ a ch6 install. I noticed this thread a bit
late. I used 1.13 in ch5. Excuses, had a hard week at school, bit of a mixed
up puppy atm. Also since I used HJL's binutils, there's m4, bison and flex
installed in ch5.

I test as a matter of course nowadays, I think there may be some interesting
things to come with using cvs glibc. I don't know if you noticed Michael
Beuse's post in lfs-support? I'll be at gcc-2.95.3 shortly so should be able
to verify his problem.

allard at quicknet.nl