RFC: Patches Project Manifesto

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 31 10:02:50 PST 2004

Alex Groenewoud wrote:

>Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>

>>Patches that are no longer relevant to the community
>>are removed from the repository.
>>

>What if someone is looking for the patches for 4.1, or a patch that was
>briefly used in CVS?  I think all patches should be retained or archived
>somehow, just like the hints.

This was discussed when the patches project was being discussed. Patches
are *usually* temporary fixes, so keeping all of them would
unneccessarily clutter the patches site. Also, unlike the hints, patches
*usually* don't have much educational value. For someone really
interested in the antiquated patches, (s)he can get them from the
patches mailing list archives or the CVS.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar/