LFS-5.1-pre1 info

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 31 13:38:50 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 12:57, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Not an objection as such, just a question if I may.  Is a package freeze
> going to be implemented once the branch is cut?  I would think this is a
> sensible policy to enforce.  If so, am I alright upgrading packages
> tonight?  So far we have the following to do:

When the branch is created, the package versions on the branch will be
frozen unless something major comes up and we need to update to a newer
version, but ideally we don't.

Any minor package updates that may come up between pre1 and actualy 5.1
release can simply be applied to the trunk (no reason to wait with those
things since there will be a branch now so we can keep fixing bugs from
bugzilla that will be part of the release after the upcoming 5.1).

The package updates you recommended sound fine with me. I will apply
your patch later today, branch and release.