Runit Init hint

Richard A Downing FBCS richard at 109bean.org.uk
Sat Jan 31 23:15:59 PST 2004

Cross-post is deliberate.

Just to put people on notice that I'm converting my (2.6.1-nptl) systems to
runit (http://smarden.org/runit) for my bootscripts and daemon supervision.

(Just as the BLFS guys dump daemontools out of filesystem-hierarchy-bigotry,
IFAICS, and LFS ploughs even more effort into making sysvinit work.)

I plan to write up a hint on this with a complete set of lfs/blfs bootscripts
attached. It'll be maybe 2-3 weeks or so to 1st alpha release on my website,
but there may be fragments there before that.

--
Richard A Downing FBCS http://www.109bean.org.uk/

Richard A Downing FBCS http://www.109bean.org.uk/