Formal Complaint about off-list development discussions.

The Old Fellow nowhere at all.com
Thu Jul 1 02:32:32 PDT 2004

Ian Molton wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:19:53 +0100
> The Old Fellow <nowhere at all.com> wrote:
>

>>All I want is a SUMMARY, not a DISCUSSION.  I don't want anyone to
>>have to ask for permission, I just want a summary of the reasons.
>

> Feel free to ask, but no-one is obliged to answer unless they are about
> to put the change into testing.

In the same way, I will continue to mail the list about the lack of
courtesy to those who contribute to the project, but were not on IRC at
the time.  I am free to do that too.

IMO, the archives need this information, so that when unstable moves to
testing there can be an informed debate about the changes from stable.

I would prefer a greater explanation in the changelog, but realise the
level of discipline involved would be beyond many people.  The truth is
the contibutors to LFS see it as a fun hobby, rather than an important
contribution to educating Linux-kind.

--
The Old Fellow
Replies will go to the great black hole