Formal Complaint about off-list development discussions.

Tushar Teredesai linux_from_scratch at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 08:13:22 PDT 2004

Ian Molton wrote:

>On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:19:53 +0100
>The Old Fellow <nowhere at all.com> wrote:
>

>>All I want is a SUMMARY, not a DISCUSSION.  I don't want anyone to
>>have to ask for permission, I just want a summary of the reasons.
>>

>Feel free to ask, but no-one is obliged to answer unless they are about
>to put the change into testing.

The problem is that testing is not a different branch. At a particular
point in time, the unstable will be branched into testing and all the
"undiscussed changes" that went into unstable will be part of testing.
This concern was also brought up during the heavy discussion on hotplug.

--
Tushar Teredesai
  mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
  http://linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar