Formal Complaint about off-list development discussions.

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 1 10:55:09 PDT 2004

Jeremy Utley said the following on 01-07-2004 19:40:

> And this is because the community, as a whole, wanted to wait for GCC
> 3.4.1 prior to cutting a new testing branch.  So, until 3.4.1 is released,
> we
> have no choice but to have no testing branch.

No, testing should be created from LFS-5.1. Stable changes from unstable
should be merged. The whole reason that we went to the
stable/testing/unstable model was so that we didn't have to wait for
changes in unstable in order to move on. So the current model *is*
broken, and it seems that this is not properly understood.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans