Request For Info - Hotplug Network Plan

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Fri Jul 2 01:48:30 PDT 2004

---- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander E. Patrakov" <see at the.sig>
Newsgroups: lfs.dev
To: <lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 1:07 AM
Subject: Re: Request For Info - Hotplug Network Plan

> Jim Gifford wrote:

If the system is properly setup by following the book exactly there is no
problem.
We still recommend that all devices to be built into the kernel, again this
is
a non-issue.

> B) Leave the LFS situation as-is, correct it in BLFS, move this
> discussion to blfs-dev.
Nothing wrong with the current LFS with hotplug. I've been using
it with no problems on three machines.

> C) Just change the expected ifup script location in net.agent, ignoring
> the problems with aliases and IPX that will arise in BLFS. Correct the
> ifup script so that it will not bring up again interfaces that are
> already up. Optionally move this discussion into blfs-dev.
> D) Solve the problem in LFS, so that IPX doesn't cause problems in BLFS.
> The discussion remains in lfs-dev.

Our builds are IP based not IPX, they never have been. Write a hint for IPX
then.