Rendering Subversion version of HEAD

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 3 15:50:54 PDT 2004

On Saturday 03 July 2004 17:20, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> > render-lfs-book.sh needs also to be group writable (and, of course,
> > executable) for lfswww, otherwise the Website Team will not be able to
> > change it if necessary.
>
> Can I make a suggestion? Don't make the script have embedded knowledge
> any more, use subversion "properties" on the repos to define what needs
> to be done for rendering. It's more changes for you (sorry), but it
> separates the responsibility between the editors and the website team,
> and the editors don't need to edit the script any longer.

You mean moving that hard-coded "release table" to subversion properties? If
so, I think it's a good idea. I'm just finishing the new render-lfs-book.sh
now, It was simplified a lot, now it just needs to receive a svn path (like
"trunk" or "tags/v5_1_1") and an alias (like "unstable" or stable"). By using
properties, we can have the following attached to e.g. the BOOK directory:

stable=tags/v5_1_1
unstable=trunk
testing=branches/b6_0

render-lfs-book.sh will then look for those properties and use them as
apropriate.

Can some editor add these properties to the trunk? Thanks,
--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/