Rendering Subversion version of HEAD

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 3 18:00:54 PDT 2004

Anderson Lizardo wrote:

> You mean moving that hard-coded "release table" to subversion properties? If
> so, I think it's a good idea. I'm just finishing the new render-lfs-book.sh
> now, It was simplified a lot, now it just needs to receive a svn path (like
> "trunk" or "tags/v5_1_1") and an alias (like "unstable" or stable"). By using
> properties, we can have the following attached to e.g. the BOOK directory:
>
> stable=tags/v5_1_1
> unstable=trunk
> testing=branches/b6_0

Yes, that exactly what I was thinking! However, in my mind it was going
to be more "automatic", although that may not actually be possible... I
was hoping the script could somehow scan the contents of the SVN repos,
looking in trunk/ and tags/ for BOOK directories with a property of
"render_to", or something like that. Whenever it finds a BOOK directory
with that property, it would render the book into a directory in the
lfs/view/... area named with the contents of the property.

This would work nicely when the book moves to render-on-commit; when a
commit occurs to the book, check the containing BOOK directory for a
property called "render_to", and if it's there, re-render the book to
the named place.