Rendering Subversion version of HEAD

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 4 15:26:30 PDT 2004

Anderson Lizardo wrote:

> IMHO that "scanning" would actually only be useful if we decide to continue
> using cron for running nightly builds. But with a post-commit process that
> would not be needed anymore, as is more resource-savy to only render the
> trees that have changed _and_ are marked with the "render_to" (or
> "render_me" :) property.

Yes, that is the ideal situation. Put a "render_to" property on the BOOK
directory of any tree you want rendered, with the value of the property
being the name of the directory/filename that it should be rendered into
(under /lfs/view and /lfs/download). An additional property called
"render_stable" could result in _that_ render being linked to as stable
(using the .htaccess linking method I proposed before). Same goes for a
property called "render_testing", that would be linked as testing.

Do you want to work together on this to get it working on a cron-job
basis, and then it can be moved to on-commit later?