Rendering Subversion version of HEAD

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 4 15:29:17 PDT 2004

On Sunday 04 July 2004 03:10, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Kevin P. Fleming said the following on 04-07-2004 03:00:
> > Yes, that exactly what I was thinking! However, in my mind it was going
> > to be more "automatic", although that may not actually be possible... I
> > was hoping the script could somehow scan the contents of the SVN repos,
> > looking in trunk/ and tags/ for BOOK directories with a property of
> > "render_to", or something like that. Whenever it finds a BOOK directory
> > with that property, it would render the book into a directory in the
> > lfs/view/... area named with the contents of the property.
>
> That should be possible with svnlook and a bit of awk (or basename &
> cut, if you're a miserable scripter like me)

Just complementing my previous post, I think this checking for the "render_to"
property should be done earlier, still on the post-commit script. This allows
us to run render-lfs-book.sh in command line, to e.g. fix a broken rendering
or render a personal copy of a specific branch/tag.

--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/