Hotplug can bring up/down interfaces now

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 5 11:17:51 PDT 2004

Bryan Kadzban wrote:

> You mean something like this patch?  Basically, all I did was save $IFS,
> reset it to just a comma, and insert a for loop around the old code that
> checked for the existence of the script, then ran it.  Then I restored
> $IFS (not that it matters, but oh well).

Yep, that's it exactly. The only remaining issue is defining the
semantics for what should be done in these cases:

- an unknown service is specified (should any of the others be run, or
none at all?)

- a service script fails (returns non-zero)... should we rollback the
others, or leave them alone? should we continue on running any remaining
service scripts, or punt?