Testing branch proposal

Tushar Teredesai linux_from_scratch at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 5 15:32:58 PDT 2004

Zack Winkles wrote:

>The build in BLFS is horribly flawed.  First, both the readline and
>history libraries
>use ncurses symbols, but neither of them link to the ncurses library
>by default, meaning
>that programs that test for their presence will report that they are
>in fact NOT present.
>Inetutils is a case in point.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/general/readline.html
readline is linked against curses.

>Also, the GNU fixes patch is not
>applied.

The patch is not *required*. It is optional. All optional patches belong
to the patches project.

FYI, we also do not apply the "official" vim patches in the book.

--
Tushar Teredesai
  mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
  http://linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar