[RFC] Package Rationale

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 6 12:17:09 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 06:34:23PM +0100, Matthew Burgess wrote:

> As do I.  So, if anyone has any problems with the content of those 2
> pages then speak up.  I'll add that content to the book within the next
> few days if there are no major concerns.

The only thing on it that still seems up in the air is readline.

1) The BLFS build of it is not broken,
2) bash doesn't need it,
3) very few need history in debugfs
4) most will install a *good* ftp client in BLFS.

And for those who want to argue (especially the last 2 points), then
I'll restate, again, that a link to readline is quite apropos, just like
for filesystems and editors. The links serves all points of everyone's
argument, so why fight against it so vehemently?

--
Archaic

Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as cooperation with good.

- Mohandas Gandhi