Hotplug can bring up/down interfaces now

Nathan Coulson conathan at conet.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 6 20:50:33 PDT 2004

> Bryan Kadzban wrote:
>> Nathan Coulson wrote:
>>
>>> If you can diff it against my lfs-bootscripts-20040704.tar.bz2
>>> tarball, I'll make up another testing tarball for people to play
>>> with.  [Until then, I have to go to work]
>>

>> Done.  Actually it looks like the previous patches applied without any
>> issues (they were created against what's in svn), but I did change a
>> couple things.
>>

> Okay...hotplug is gone for this release, but what of the work on the
> network bootscripts?  Will these changes still get to make it into
> LFS-6.0?  Also, we need a way to order the services both up and down.
>
> -- DJ Lucas
> --

the 2 lines [and one comment] I added to ifup/down, I would like to leave.
 (They say, if hotplug is the program running ifup/down, then that
particular interface must have ONHOTPLUG defined).

As for the multiple services one, I'll need time to review your
implementation, although on the surface it looks ok.