I18N and LFS

The Old Fellow nowhere at all.com
Wed Jul 7 08:44:53 PDT 2004

Can we have a definitive decision on I18N, now that Alexander Patrakov
has left the project?

I would be sad to see his great achievement - to make systems built
using the LFS instructions work for non-English languages - lost.

I am extremely sorry to see him leave the project. Sometimes I didn't
understand what he was doing, but he always explained patiently when I
asked.

Accepting his decision, what we really need is someone who can take the
project on to handle the more difficult problems like Arabic and
Japanese, building a branch in svn, like Alex did for the modular kernal
work, of course.

--
The Old Fellow
Replies will go to the great black hole