LFS-6.0 print process

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 7 11:44:50 PDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 19:38:19 +0100
Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:23:34 +0100
> Matthew Burgess <matthew at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>

> > I had planned to wait until the weekend to create the 'testing'
> > branch, but it now makes more sense (to me at least) to have the
> > testing branch act as both the 'testing' and 'print' branch,
> > otherwise I fear we'll spread our resources too thinly and have to
> > duplicate changes over too many branches.
>
> Too soon. there has been no testing.

Not true.  A lot of people have been testing, and following progress in
be-lfs on IRC.  Once this branch has been created then it'll be more
generally acceptable to more folks on this list to begin testing.  I
don't foresee many problems at all, if current experience on IRC is
anything to go by.  What is the point of the 'testing' branch if not to
encourage folks to test?  At this point, the instructions should be able
to build the system, which folks on IRC have confirmed it does.  We now
need wider exposure to ensure these weren't just flukes.  This is
exactly the point of having a testing branch.

Cheers,

Matt.