LFS-6.0 print process

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 7 14:57:53 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 12:44, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Not true.  A lot of people have been testing, and following progress in
> be-lfs on IRC.  Once this branch has been created then it'll be more
> generally acceptable to more folks on this list to begin testing.  I
> don't foresee many problems at all, if current experience on IRC is
> anything to go by.  What is the point of the 'testing' branch if not to
> encourage folks to test?  At this point, the instructions should be able
> to build the system, which folks on IRC have confirmed it does.  We now
> need wider exposure to ensure these weren't just flukes.  This is
> exactly the point of having a testing branch.

I've built a couple lfs-unstable systems during the last week or two and
haven't run into any problems yet. They're running stable enough that
I've put them on the routers, and mail, web, dns and ftp servers for the
ISP I work for. So far not a hitch.

I hear similar sentiments from other folks that things are pretty stable
as they are.