I leave the project

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 7 17:00:12 PDT 2004

Jim Gifford wrote:

> Were exactly does it say to build a kernel with modules in the book??

Not telling them _to_ build a kernel with modules is completely
different IMHO from not telling them _not_ to build a kernel with
modules. In plenty of other places in the book we warn them about
particular decisions they make make that could have unexpected side
effects, I see no reason why using modules/non-modules for their kernel
has to be treated differently.

If there are issues with using modules under certain circumstances (that
are not rare), why is there so much opposition to making the reader
aware that those issues exist? I've never suggested actually documenting
the issues in the book, just making them aware that there are known
issues and if they want to learn about them they can read the list
archives and anything else we may have to offer.