Rendering Subversion version of HEAD

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 7 18:29:04 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 17:18, Jeremy Utley wrote:
> No.  The commit scripts will run as the user MAKING the commit, not as
> user httpd.  So render-lfs.sh will need to be group-executable by one of
> the groups that has LFS Editors, and the lfs/view/unstable directory on
> the server will need to be owned by that same group, and also
> group-writeable.  Otherwise, the render WILL fail - I ran into this when I
> did render-on-commit on my server for BLFS.

Jeremy, are you sure about this? I just saw this comment
on /home/svn/repositories/LFS/hooks/post-commit:

# Note that 'post-commit' must be executable by the user(s) who will
# invoke it (typically the user httpd runs as), and that user must
# have filesystem-level permission to access the repository.

Maybe the above comment applies only for the http:// protocol (which is
disable on our repository)?

--
Anderson Lizardo