Kernel 2.4.x series book development

Steve Martin srm at netcomuk.co.uk
Thu Jul 8 04:34:56 PDT 2004

Hi,

Is all development on the 2.4.x series now suspended?  I have not seen
any discussion of ongoing developments or package upgrades and wondered
what the current status was.  Currently I am completing my second
successful build of an essentially 5.1.1 based system using the
following toolchain:

binutils-2.15
gcc-3.4.1
glibc-2.3.4-20040701

There have been a number of stange quirks to overcome and I have had to
create several patches, if my current build is successful would anyone
be interested in this information?  Considering my experiences with this
toolchain I have been somewhat surprised at the lack of patches in the
LFS-unstable branch; or has all this stuff gone underground like so much
else in recent times?

--
Steve Martin <srm at netcomuk.co.uk>

Still can't think of anything witty to write here.